Saturday, January 16, 2010

things are slow here at the shop right now.
it's been a good day though.
my favorite part was either hanging out with the italian family that came in earlier (6 year old cassia is my new best friend) or trying desperately not to laugh when this lady asked alex and i if we were "freshly married."
oh my.



i'm not good at both starting and finishing projects.
i can start projects. i can finish other people's projects.
but starting and finishing a project all by myself?? now that's a difficult task.

i work well with others. i do ok on my own, but the magic happens when i have other people to bounce ideas off of and spur on to greatness.

this is why i couldn't ever write a book by myself. or a song. ok i've done that like twice, but it was less than stellar. and yes, that's the ONLY reason i cannot do these things... my inability to finish a project.
that's why i blog well. short and simple. stream of conscious writing. fantastic...

i also think of great lyrics/thoughts from time to time. they could probably be put together with other words and rhymes and such and make up something quite beautiful. ah but the effort... and project deficiency. *sigh*


related or not...

a few hopelessly romantic word-thoughts i've had lately... probably brought on mostly by the large amount of the jason mraz pandora station:
-i want a boy to sing me songs and make ridiculous promises he has no intention of keeping.
(also songs about how i should break up with my boyfriend because he is clearly a better match. though this would require 2 boys to be interested in me simultaneously.... i'd settle for 1.)
-if a guy ever burst into an improvisational vocal duet with me (complete with a choreographed dance routine in a dim to mildly indirect lit space) i'd be his forever, hands down. no questions asked.
-boys should never compliment me. i will always take it the wrong way.



i go back to michigan on tuesday morning at the crack of dawn.
this saddens me on many levels.
bah.

done-skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment