Tuesday, September 29, 2009

wind and rain and cold- oh my!

it's 7am. the wind has been absolutely howling outside for the past 24 hours. we've had a lot of rain too. what a quick switch from last week!!
i have to be at high ropes inspection in 20 minutes... but i have this feeling that we maybe won't be able to do high ropes today. i just have this image of children being blown off the elements... whoops.

each week the kids just seem to have a different kind of feel to them. this week's kids are sooo spacey and not very good listeners. it's kind of like they're from another planet. they're going to require a lot of patience and firm discipline. i had to use my hardcore teacher voice yesterday and it was only the first night! ah i hate that. i secretly miss having kids i can just hang out with and enjoy and not really have to discipline very much. yes, that means i miss my advance camp kids from the summer.

i keep writing in my journal how much i'm thankful for life at this moment. i've been able to reflect a lot back on what i learned and how i grew at honeyrock and it makes it all the more worthwhile. but i'm also glad to be in this new season of life. God's recapturing my heart in some awesome ways... i love it.

more thoughts in my head, but i need to leave in 4 minutes... and i'm still i my pj's.... yikes!!



"i'm alive... i can feel you all around me, thickening the air i'm breathing, holding on to what i'm feeling, savoring this heart that's healing... take my hand, i give it to you, now you own me, all i am, you said you would never leave me, i believe you." - david crowder band, all around me

No comments:

Post a Comment