Monday, September 7, 2009

more adventures. always an adventure.

weekend #3 of exciting road tripping has come to a close. and i'm already looking forward to next weekend. (headed to indy to see the miller family!! i haven't seen them in 2 years!)

i made it up to evart in just over 2 hours on friday. the drive was beautiful. i hung out with courtney and kevin for a bit then headed over to springhill. it was good to see so many of those friends again! i spent the weekend mostly in the tpost, though i happened to be in the right place at the right time to assist with the tram crisis on saturday.
last night i hung out with the boys (philip, caleb, and derek) and we played some settlers. it was fantastic. i love those guys. :)

i just got back a few hours ago and my exhaustion is really catching up with me. don't think i'll make it too late tonight. but i probably need to shower at some point too... oh life is so taxing. i also sort of suck because i looked out my window and (besides the giant tree in my way) there was a beautiful sunset. but i was too lazy to walk out to the lake and see it in all its beauty.

i lost my pink watch again.
that happened last year around this time too... but somehow i don't think thesaurus (murphy's cat) is the culprit... i probably took it off my wrist then got distracted.
i think it's gone for good this time. *sigh*

i had a lot of those "how are you/how's life?" conversations this weekend with people. it's hard to feel like all i want in the world is the perfect job to just fall down from heaven right into my lap, and maybe by having one more of those i'm-desperate-for-a-job-that-suits-me conversations someone will magically present me with it.
i just want to be a small part of something big.
one step at a time. at least this point i'm not stressed out. i'm just trying to trust.


"if you wait for me then i will come for you although i have traveled far i always hold a place for you in my heart. if you think of me, if you miss me once in awhile then i'll return to you, i'll return and fill that space in your heart... " tracy chapman, the promise

No comments:

Post a Comment